Yearbook Inc. was founded in 1992, when Michael Nahabet’s publishing organization produced one of the first ever fully digital yearbooks. Using a combination of desktop scanners, Pagemaker software, and direct digital negatives, the team accomplished a major feat for the times.
- In 1992 produced the first full-color yearbook with innovative design features.
- In 1993 produced first ever yearbook, utilizing strictly desktop publishing technologies.
- Serviced primarily ethnic schools during the first decade, especially since Yearbook, Inc. could accommodate schools’ language requirements.
- Incorporated and expanded in the year 2000 to appeal and cater to a wider market.
- In 2000 pioneered the concept of on-site, year-round technical and graphic arts training for students, for schools enrolled in Platinum and Gold Streak programs.
- Recruited and contracted student yearbook editors to become support staff for their alma mater’s incoming yearbook team.
- Since the advent of digital photography, initiated across-the-board color correction for all yearbooks.